How To Make Animation
Animation is a great fun-filled activity that gives movement to the static characters that one creates. Involving imagination and creativity, the question of how to make animation has been greatly eased with the introduction of computers. The computer has not only made the task of creating animations easier but it also saves a lot of time and effort of the animator. Earlier the work of animation was done by drawing various images with slight differences in each and when these images were viewed in a row at a speed, they constituted motion. Today the same act of drawing various images has been taken over by use of computers and related animation programs.
The question of how to make animation in today’s perspective is a very broad question as animations are not just confined to the 2D models of the yester years. The animation has moved beyond this and has gone up to 3D and 4D as well. However, here we discuss the making of 2D animations using the simplest of the methods that of the Powerpoint.
Here are the steps that can be followed to make animations with Powerpoint:
- Powerpoint involves the use of slides to display the animation. Therefore, when you open the program, a blank slide appears. As the first step, set the transition of the slides to one second and apply this to all. This would enable the subsequent slides to appear after one second.
- You can now begin drawing on the first frame of your presentation. Since this is the opening of the animation, you should make it good to give a good opening.
- Now with each subsequent slide, make slight changes to the drawing. For e.g. if you want to depict a ball falling, make the ball go down slightly in each slide.
- More realistic and intricate movements can be shown by changing the image slightly in each slide. Therefore, do not be intimidated of using many slides for one thing, as you can always delete the extra ones later.
- Keep previewing the animation, making changes as and where required.
- You can add sound and other aspects to make your animation more realistic.
There are several specialized animation software available in the market, which provide advanced features for making high quality animations. With these programs available, the question of how to make animation is easily answered.